BUY AMERICA ACT COMPLIANCE
Sol Inc. is a US-based company headquartered in Stuart, Florida. We have been providing solar lighting systems in the USA and around the globe for over 20 years. Several of our customers include the US Military, Department of Homeland Security, National Park Service and many municipalities supported by Federal grants. We are committed to supporting our US-based customers and can supply systems that meet the requirements of the Buy America Act as required. Due to economic conditions, component availability and the competitive marketplace Sol sources some components from international suppliers.
BUY AMERICAN ACT REQUIREMENTS & COMPLIANCE
The BAA generally requires that only domestic end products be procured by the Government when it purchases supplies and construction materials for public use. In order for Sol to determine if a product is in compliance, we complete the following steps:
1. Identify the end product to be delivered. Since an end product is generally defined as a contract line item, you must perform a BAA analysis on each contract line item
2. Identify the place of manufacture of the end product
3. Identify the components of the end product
4. Identify the place of manufacture of each component
5. Identify the cost of each component. If more than 50% of the cost of the end product ’s components were manufactured in the U.S., the end product complies with the BAA
Note: in some contracts, as written by the government, materials manufactured in NAFTA countries or in countries that are members of the World Trade Organization are exempt. These contracts allow for inclusion of the “Trade Agreements Act” in determining compliance with BAA.
TRANSPARENCY AND QUESTIONS
On any contract with BAA requirements, Sol performs an internal compliance check. Should any written documentation be required, Sol will gladly provide the content analysis precisely for the system or systems being offered. Sol is always ready to support our customers. If you have any questions concerning the Buy American Act and our compliance, please call (772) 286-9461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.